mercredi 11 mars 2009

Gough, Meagher among class of 2009

A couple of individuals with connections to Fredericton will be among the class of 2009 being inducted into the New Brunswick Sports Hall of Fame during ceremonies June 6 at the Delta Brunswick in Saint John.

One of them is former Olympic speed skater Stephen Gough, who shared a fourth place finish as a member Canada's 5,000-metre men's relay team during the 1994 Lillehammer Winter Olympics.

During a speed skating career spanning from 1985-98, Gough established 15 provincial, two North American and one Canadian record. Since retiring from competition in 1998, Gough has remained active in the sport as a coach, and is currently a coach with the national short track team based in Montreal.

"Anyone who knows me knows that I am a New Brunswicker," Gough said. "I am very proud to have been able to make it at an international level from New Brunswick. There are not many New Brunswickers who I encountered along the way. I am proud of where I am at, where I came from and how I started out in sport to have the experiences, adventured and opportunities I have had so far."



Read all »»»

Aucun commentaire: