vendredi 10 octobre 2008

Canadian short-track speedskaters getting ready for World Cup season

Bill Beacon - canadian Press - October 10, 2008
MONTREAL - The short-track speedskaters knifing through the Maurice Richard Arena ice during practice on Friday are beginning to sense that the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver are not far away.
They are about to enter their last full season of competition before the Games, starting with World Cup meets Oct. 17-19 in Salt Lake City and Oct. 24-26 on the Olympic ice at Vancouver's Pacific Coliseum.
For national team veteran Anne Maltais, the buildup to the Games starts now. [...] For men's stalwart Olivier Jean, who missed all of last season after his ankle was slashed by a skate during training, this World Cup campaign is about getting back the speed that let him win six individual medals during the 2006-07 season.
"I'm not looking at results, I'm looking at improvement because I want to be the best and win at the Olympics," the Montreal skater said. "I'm trying to get my preparation ready for next year.
"I want to see what I have to do because, during an Olympic year, you don't want to have to change much. You want to have a sure plan and know it's working well."
Lire plus »»»

Les patineurs de vitesse courte piste se préparent à une nouvelle saison


Photo: Patrick Sanfaçon, La Presse

Anne Maltais

Aucun commentaire: